1 / 4 cup cold water
1 generous t. unflavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 pasteurized egg*
1 cup low fat cottage cheese or ricotta
1 1 / 2 cup pumpkin puree
3 T. sugar
1 / 2 t. ground cinnamon
1 / 4 t. each: nutmeg and cloves
16 gingersnap cookies, crumbled
1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water, wait about 2 or 3 minutes then pour in
boiling water.Whisk until gelatin dissolves completely.
2. Transfer to electric mixer if you have one. If not, beat with hand held mixer
or blender. Add egg* and cheese. Mix until very smooth.
3. Add pumpkin, sugar and spices. Beat well until smooth. Pour a third of the
mixture into a 9 x 12 pan. Sprinkle with half of the gingersnaps. Add another
third of pumpkin mix and repeat with gingersnaps. End with smooth pumpkin on
4. Cover and chill 4 hours or overnight.
*You can serve by cutting squares right out of the pan, or unmold the mousse by
dipping the bottom of the pan into a very warm water bath for a minute. Then
flip to unmold.
* Use a pasteurized egg (or Eggbeaters) to prevent Salmonella infection.
Serving Size: 1 square (24 total)
Carbs: 10 grams
Fat: 3 grams
Protein: 3 grams
* Provided for information use only