(3 dozen) 350 degree oven
1 / 3 cup sugar
2 T. Butter
2 t vanilla extract
1 / 2 cup each: unbleached and whole wheat flour
1 t baking powder
1 / 3 cup shelled natural pistachio nuts
1 / 3 cup dried cranberries
Grated zest from 1 lemon
1. With electric mixer beat eggs and sugar until light and creamy
2. Add butter and vanilla and beat for 1 minute.
3. Add flours and baking powder to incorporate well.
4. Add nuts, berries and zest. Mix into batter.
5. On a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil, shape dough into log about 2
" wide and 15 " long. Bake 25 minutes.
6. While still warm, cut log into 1 / 3 " slices. Using a serrated knife will
make it an easy task.
7. Lay cookie slices on same baking sheet and bake another 5 minutes. Shut off
oven, but let cookies remain inside for another half hour to dry. Cool before
Serving Size: 3 cookies
Carbs: 17 grams
Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
* Provided for information use only