2 large Portabello mushroom caps
1 T. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t. fresh lemon juice
1 t. Reduced sodium soy sauce
1 T. pignoli nuts or walnuts, toasted
1 / 2 yellow cup cornmeal
1 cup vegetable broth
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 / 4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 t. each chives, parsley, thyme
1. Sauté garlic in oil to soften. Turn off heat and add lemon juice, and soy,
Brush mushrooms with mixture.
2. Bring broth to the boil, and slowly sprinkle in cornmeal. Lower heat and stir
to thicken, about 5 minutes. Add cheese. Keep warm.
3. Set mushrooms in preheated broiler, gill sides down and broil 4 minutes on
4. Place mushrooms on plates and fill each mushroom with polenta.
5. Garnish with nuts, and chopped herbs.
Serving Size: 1 mushroom
Carbs: 23 grams
Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 11 grams
* Provided for information use only